About Jeff

This is the "official" blog of Indiana based new age/ambient musician Jeff Pearce (that would be me). This blog will cover pretty much anything that happens in my life, whether music-related or not. In fact, some of the really funny stuff has nothing to do with music (depending on who you ask- there are those in this world who no doubt find plenty to laugh at in my music).

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

first post...

The following is the post that I made a couple of weeks back on my myspace blog. I present it here to kick off my blogger.com blog- which will soon replace the blog on my website www.jeffpearcemusic.com

I've been gently reprimanded by a friend for leaving my blog nice and empty. :) This is probably because there's not a whole lot going on at the moment.

And that's not entirely true- there's ALWAYS something going on here, but very little is music related. I WILL say that there's a very good chance that I may be playing quite a few shows in the upcoming summer/fall, but I'll not announce those things until there's something concrete. Until then, it's mostly the usual stuff that goes on around here- and you can read about those things on the blog at my website www.jeffpearcemusic.com and then click on the "about Jeff" tab. If you've already checked that page out, then to update: yes, the dining room is still pink. Despite what the kind and beautiful Mrs. Pearce insists, it's NOT a coral color, but good old fashioned pink. Pink Panther pink.

This is not a completely bad thing- for example, it's now safe for my daughters to load their super soakers with Pepto-Bismol and shoot at each other in the dining room.

(oh- yeah- better pop a glamorous "life of a musician" bubble for all of you right off: my "day gig" is taking care of my two young daughters. Daughter #1 is nine years old and likes to write stories and ride her bike. Daughter #2 is four years old and likes to void warranties on every device in this house, using such creative techniques as stomping them, throwing them, or head-butting them. My day is spent, for the most part, begging them for mercy.)

(Oh, you're probably wondering why I don't list the names of my children here or on my website. The main reason being that the internet is a scary place, and there are plenty of nutjobs out there who would love nothing more than to get the names of little kids and find them and do horrible things to them. I'm not going to make it easier for them. The second reason is that most of the time, I can't technically remember their names. I try- I try really hard, but the only thing that comes out of my mouth is "hey....ummm.....YOU! Get over here- and tell me your name, while we're on the subject". I remember once, when I was 16 years old, my mom accidentally called me by our dog's name. It seemed really funny at the time. Now that I have kids, it's not quite as funny, and it makes me glad we don't have a dog....)

Ok, that should do it for now- it's going to be breakfast time for the little ones very soon, which means that I will be fixing toast and fruit while they beg me for something with 10,000% of their daily requirement of sugar. And yet another advantage of a pink dining room: I can serve them grapefruit, and they can defiantly throw it at the wall all they want to- it will blend in....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home